Pages

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Money in Movies

Ever since I was a child, movies have had my heart. Not only the movies themselves, but the movie business has interested me. Movies are a great part of American culture. But what impact do movies have economically? After researching, I found a lot of useful information.

                In the year of 2012, U.S./Canada box offices made about $10.8 billion. The money made in 2012 was 12% more than 5 years previous. $10.8 billion is the most money made in a year for movies in the 2000s. This information made my assumption about the rise of the Internet and television making going to the movies less popular incorrect. In fact the information I received from http://www.mpaa.org/resources/3037b7a4-58a2-4109-8012-58fca3abdf1b.pdf supports the statement that attending movies are more popular every year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment